1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kane County SE .... BOO-YEAH need not apply

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 3, 2006.

1. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

An immensely talented young pup named Jay Schwab got this job. Keep his name in mind, you'll hear it a lot more in years to come.

2. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Thanks for checking in Jay

3. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

C'mon, isn't that line a little tired?

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Not as tired as yours was.

5. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

Wow. The depth of wit astounds me.

Why not "I'm rubber and you're glue?" or "I know you are, but what am I?"

What I said is true, Jay is immensely talented and you will be hearing a lot from him. 

BTW, a better line for Appgrad05 may have been "Let's hear it for Jay's mother everyone..."  (I'm neither Jay or his mother incidentally)

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I can verify. Jay is good people.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

8. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

What's the matter Dye, get passed over for the job?

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

No. If only you knew ...

10. JME

JME Member

I think what Dye was trying to say is, it seems unlikely someone would ever exhume a thread like this from the dead unless they were looking to do some self promotion.

11. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

I bet.

What? You got yourself a little weekly outdoors column of recycled briefs. Maybe a blog about fantasy baseball? Got to do a thrilling expose on the corruption of the local little league that won the area's Ju-Co writing award last year?

I'd guess copy editor myself, after quietly being asked to give up on your writing aspirations and take over Monday slots and four round-up shifts. Few as douche-y as you last long in the public eye.

At work, you silently mock the writers at your paper, thinking what a wonderful job you would have done on a given piece.

Message boards give you the anonymous forum you desperately need to publicly denigrate a compliment given to someone other than yourself.

12. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

I didn't exhume this post, and I know Jay had nothing to do with it.

All I did was inform the board of who was hired and pass along a compliment, and Dye responded with the usual vitriol.

Draft saved Draft deleted