1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Knicks-Nuggets megabrawl??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Dec 16, 2006.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I finally watched the video this morning. Carmelo Anthony has cemented his reputation as the biggest gash in pro sports. He will have no respect, from anyone. If I was one of his teammates, I would pushed him back into the fracas.

Can't wait until the Knicks play at Denver. Anthony better come down with the flu. Come to think of it, he probably will.

Carmelo=pussy.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Are you serious? Didn't Anthony prove that he's the biggest chickenshit punk in basketball yesterday? It would be hard for "melo" to punt anything in the stands while running backwards.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Nate and 'Melo 25 games
    If Dolan were to suddenly grow some balls he would fireThomas for cause, no contract payoff.

ISIAH THOMAS SAID : "WE SURRENDERED"

Thomas is a retarded miscreant

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I just wanted to say "Tittie Kilometres" is my favorite nickname on this board. Ever.

5. tommyp

tommyp Member

It looked, based on the replay I saw, Robinson was going after 'Melo, 'Melo disappeared from the TV screen, and Robinson stopped. Perhaps he saw Camby coming, but I did not see Camby in that part of the video.

6. tommyp

tommyp Member

I agree with you wholeheartedly. And the thing that bugged me most about Thomas' post-game comments (other than the statement that the team surrendered, which is just cause for immediate termination) was his sinister laugh after saying all that. I could see the devil horns pop out of his forehead after that.

7. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

i agree, 99 percent of coaches are certainly not laughing after something like that happens. that laugh makes you think that perhaps it was scripted..

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Anthony deserves the biggest suspension. Since the Pacers-Pistons brawl, Stern's been determined to try and change the thuggish nature of his league. Because Robinson went into the stands, he'll get punished hard, but the most thuggish part of this fight was Anthony's sucker punch to Collins.

In Chris Sheridan's ESPN.com story, he says to George Karl that he thinks Anthony will get four games. Karl says, "I'll take the over." Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 30 games.

The league won't take kindly to Isiah's attitude, either.

Now, I haven't looked at either team's schedule, but if the two teams still must play in Denver, I'd make certain that Anthony was suspended for that (as in, if it was 70 games until they see each other -- and Anthony was tagged for 30 -- I'd add the stipulation that he cannot play in the rematch as well. If Todd Bertuzzi/Steve Moore has taught anyone anything, it's to let feelings simmer down for a looooong time.)

9. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Sheridan also noted, on TV this AM, that Thomas had "warned" Anthony to "stay out of the paint" before the hard foul. :eek:

Premeditated.

Thomas is the biggest punk of the whole litter.

10. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Knicks already played in Denver. The two teams won't see each other again until next season. Unless they meet in the Finals. (kidding)

No way Melo gets 30 games. I'd say 5, perhaps 10. Probably 10 for Nate, as well.

11. tommyp

tommyp Member

Season series is over, tied 1-1 after a Knick win in Denver last month.

And Joe, I think both Nate and 'Melo get at least 20. No way Melo gets 5 (or even 10) after throwing a punch. The Commish set precedent with the Indiana incident, and I expect him to follow that guideline.

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the sked check, gentlemen.

It makes my Bertuzzi/Moore argument irrelevant in this case, but it's something I think leagues should consider in the future.

Draft saved Draft deleted