1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Knicks-Nuggets megabrawl??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Dec 16, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

The random capitalization of letters here cracked me up.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Think about what carnage would have taken place if Kenyon Martin had been on the floor, or even on the bench for that matter........that loon looks for a brawl when the Nugs are scrimmaging Arvada West.......Nate and Mardy would be no longer among the living.

4. tommyp

tommyp Member

No. The punch hit Collins, who was surprised. Whoever was behind Collins (Jeffries?) saw the punch, had his arm on Collins' shoulder, and pulled Collins back as he moved forward, thereby pushing (pulling) Collins to the ground. It was definitely not a one-punch knockdown.

5. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Wrong, wrong, wrong. There is such a thing as running up the score, even at the pro level. And it's generally frowned on, even at the pro level. That's why teams take a knee to run out the clock in football and dribble out the clock in basketball and don't steal a base with a 10-run lead in the top of the ninth in baseball. On the pro level it's not so much about sportsmanship as it is about not igniting some kind of physical retaliation from the other team. Just as a practical matter, it's a stupid, unnecessary thing to do. Most players and coaches on every level realize this.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

It certainly did look like it at first, second, third and fourth glance :D

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The winning teams elect to do those things because it serves their purposes. The losing teams have nothing to say about it, because they're, well, losers.

And if the winning teams elect not to do that stuff, and run the score up into the stratosphere, that's OK, because they're the winners, and the losers are, once again, the losers. Vince Lombardi had it right.

8. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

it surely brightens my day to see dyepack take it up the ass multiple times from the hockey fans on the board. bite that towel, you little bitch.

9. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Someone said it earlier in the thread, and I apologize for d_b'ing within a thread (which is happening a lot on this thread). ... No, running up the score/rubbing it in is not wrong. It may go against unwritten rules, whatever.

But if you have your starters in, up 19 with a minute to go, and you've got grown men who seemingly have some sense of pride, there's trouble lurking. You may not be doing anything illegal, but you bet your ass the beatees are going to keep their pride some way.

Fuck Karl and fuck the Nuggets. You want to run up the score and laugh on the court? No problem at all. But don't expect not to get your ass beat (or get in a brawl).

In a summer league game, my team was getting beat up pretty badly, were down 20 late. Our opponents are shooting threes in the last minute, including their best player going up for one at the buzzer. Not against the rules. But I fucking nailed him in the air and knocked his ass to the ground about 4 feet back from where he took off.

Plain and simple, we played these fucks again later in the season. And I was going to be damned if they were going to be giggling entering that game. Gave them something to think about.

You want to showboat? No problem. But if it was me, I'd damn well sure expect someone to take umbrage with it.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Anybody who walks on the court against the New York Knicks should be laughing from buzzer to buzzer. Especially at the bench.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

BYH, while you're at it, add John Ziegler to the list with Bettman. That no-talent ass hack.

So far, I've only read up to page 4 (I got three to go), but all of this back and forth shit between Dye, HB, and SSM has gotten so fun to read, I think all three of you need to be suspended, for the hell of it.

But I digress, carry on.

12. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Wrong yet again Dye. There is NOTHING on Page 1 of this thread that reads "the NHL is so much more evolved." Nor is there anything even close to that.

NEXT!

Draft saved Draft deleted