1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Knicks-Nuggets megabrawl??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

"This will not be a lasting issue." - Stern in his teleconference with reporters.
    Bull shit... by the way, why did it take nearly 36 hours to come down with these meager suspensions?

2. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

Melo already did when he said Isiah told him and Camby to stay out of the lane

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Bet you that's not what he told Stu Jackson.

4. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

How about this for the new team slogan, based on Isiah's quote:

2006-07 New York Knicks: We Surrender

5. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

I suppose. I mean, that would ruin his street cred by snitching out Isiah

6. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

Put that quote from Isiah n the video screens before each game at MSG... that would be awesome

7. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Marc Stein wrote this this morning. ... I'll paraphrase. So Isiah tells Carmelo to stay out of the lane, and that he shouldn't be in the game. Perhaps he's warning him because he can't control his players, or there's no telling what a player might do?

To suspend Thomas for saying whatever he said to Melo would be fucking dumb, and extremely hard to prove he had any malice in saying it. Now, I admit he PROBABLY had malice and was PROBABLY warning him because he had ordered a "hit." But I think you'd be looking at a tough case to prove if you suspend the coach for the actions of the players.

And I don't care how much fanboy spnited hates Isiah.

8. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

They've got Isiah on tape. You can easily read his lips and he's saying, "I wouldn't go to the hole right now. Wouldn't be a good idea." Presumably he's talking to Carmelo, although you can't tell for sure. I wouldn't fry him for that, though. That sort of stuff gets said all the time. This isn't like John Chaney sending out a thug to take somebody out.

9. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Watching (sort of) the teleconference on ESPN was a hoot.

More than half of the questioners on the phone couldn't be heard. And then another guy came on the line and more or less said, "Fuck 'em."

Then when it happened so many times, he called out the woman to make sure their "mics were on." Pretty indignant tone.

Who is that guy?

Oh yeah, Isiah IS a pox on the ass of basketball. (Props to the guy who put it so well.) Please, please, Dolan, jettison this punk already.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I think it's amazing that Thomas didn't get a big suspension out of this.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I hope every goddamn NBA team runs up the score on Isiah into the fucking stratosphere the rest of the season, and if anybody on the Knicks says or breathes one word about it, send the four biggest dudes on your bench to go straight for the goddamn throat of Isiah Thomas, and stomp the bitch into the floorboards.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

An outstanding column on Isiah this morning from one of my favorite NBA writers, who also happenes to be a friend:

http://www.nj.com/columns/ledger/dalessandro/index.ssf?/base/columns-0/1166422155129990.xml&coll=1

Draft saved Draft deleted