1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Knicks-Nuggets megabrawl??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Dec 16, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

As I said before, cutting back from a fight in every single game every single night does not impress me. Hockey still sucks. Always has, always will. Only sport to highlight the game's main playing object in a broadcast, lose an entire season to a strike/lockout, receive a 1 rating for a playoff game, etc.

Back to the NBA -- Jared Jeffries makes $5 mil-plus a year. What the fuck.

2. WS

WS Member

I hope Melo sucker punches Isiah next time they play

3. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

and what would that prove? ???

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Stern was weak. Mardy Collins deserves at least as much of a suspension as JR Smith. Smith should barely be suspended, if at all and Collins needs to be brought into the Commish's office and be asked if it was his idea to slam Smith, or he was following orders. As a former Temple player, Collins knows all about slamming players at a coaches request.
    The Knicks should be fined as an organization if Stern can't proove anything against Thomas. I fail to see the organizational culpability for Denver.

If Stern can't find a reason to suspend Thomas for at least 20 games for his part in the mele, he could atleast suspend him for saying he surrendered. Nothing goes to the heart of a professional sports league as a team quiting during the game, especially on orders from the coach.

As Wilbon said about TO, Isiah Thomas is a douche bag. A short tempered little douche bag with anger management issues and a passive aggressive personality disorder. He should be suspended indefintely, pending a mental health analysis.

5. JackS

JackS Member

I was really regretting having wasted a half an hour to go through this thread stem to Stern until I saw that line.

Thanks, Bubbler.

6. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Wow. Why not have Isiah taken out and shot? (I'm sure someone will say that's a good idea.) Tremendous overkill here. I'm not discounting any of Isiah's flaws as a coach, executive or person, but unless he ordered a hit on the Nuggets, which there's no evidence he did, I see no reason to lay so much of the blame on him. His warning to Carmelo about not going to the basket is nothing I haven't heard from dozens of coaches on NBA sidelines. As for surrendering, he was referring the fact that he was down 20 with 1 minute to go, and he had his scrubs in the game, like Mardy Collins. How is that a punishable offense?

Stern did a good job on this. He nailed the people who deserved it, with sufficient severity to make it clear he's not playing around. He fined both franchises. That's plenty.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I keep hearing idiot commentators saying that George Karl wanted to get back at the Knicks because Isiah fired a North Carolina guy in Larry Brown. Hello! TWO of Isiah's assistant coaches -- Phil Ford and Dave Hanners -- are North Carolina guys.

Draft saved Draft deleted