1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lacrosse ugliness at U.Va.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, May 3, 2010.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

And one more point regarding racial implications. All those who thought this story garnered more interest because the victim is white...what about all the white females who are also murdered by their boyfriends every day in this country? Most of those stories don't generate national interest. This is an age/class/status issue.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm not the one calling them filled with snobby kids. :)

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Then I'll have to redouble my efforts, dammit!

4. It is not just white,
    Pretty is a big part of the equation.

And the white chicks - even the ugly ones - still get more play than the black ones.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That's one thing the Commonwealth has going for it - a wealth of good-to-great public universities. UVa, W&M, JMU and, yes, VT. VCU and Mason not too shabby, either. ODU and Longwood are decent, and Radford is Radford.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Liberty also

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Serious question. In the context of your argument, if you were in charge of coverage, would you downplay the story because they're white?

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Sorry Boom. The topic was public universities and the answer we were looking for was UVa-Wise.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Understood. Just having some fun with the liberal masses

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It came up earlier in the thread. I'm really sorry to help throw it so badly off track.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Does anyone know George Huguley's position on school vouchers? As a liberal I'm eager to know how I feel about him.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Rich. White. He's gotta be a Republican, and thus he supports them. Therefore, as a liberal who would like to deny educational opportunities to the lower classes under the guise of separation of church and state, you should not be happy with the young man. At least regarding his stance on education.

Draft saved Draft deleted