1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lacrosse ugliness at U.Va.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, May 3, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A page associated with Yeardley Love's Facebook page has this link:

Crime Scene - U. Va. lacrosse player George Huguely charged in Yeardley Love's death

Underneath the link:

7 people like this.

???

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I wish people could figure out how the hell Facebook works. Good god. That's about as inappropriate as it gets.

3. It usually does mean premeditated or deliberated. But that doesn't mean premeditated for days or even hours. It could mean in the seconds before the killing. But every state is different, so yours could be right, too.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Yeah it probably could be right considering I just looked up the VIRGINA statute on First Degree murder.

5. dooley_womack1

Tho Virginia's could be different.

6. Double Down

Damn you dooley! Damn you and Willie McGee!

7. dooley_womack1

Michael Phelps just got the munchies and doesn't know why.

8. Did I say something wrong?

9. Double Down

Michael Phelps definitely heard the world "virgina" and was wondering if some bitches want to have a pool party.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

But that's what I was referring to. His father said he had counselled his son against getting involved in a serious situation - "You always have to remember." Well, there's not much the kid could have gotten involved with that's more serious than a murder accusation.

11. dooley_womack1

I just know there'll be some lurid story behind this, and I hope the DA didn't charge in haste or just to scare some info out. I just hope the reputation of the victim doesn't get put through the wringer the way the complainant was in a certain other case involving the talented and entitled.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

If you're referring to the Duke case, the complainant was a liar with zero credibility and she deserved to be left with her reputation in tatters, regardless of how talented and entitled the men were whom she falsely accused.

Draft saved Draft deleted