1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I just got home from A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood and really enjoyed it. It was a sentimental look at a nice man. Thumbs up.

garrow and Liut like this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The Peanut Butter Falcon, on Netflix. Very good.

garrow and qtlaw like this.
  3. John

John Well-Known Member

I just didn't find it that interesting, which may be more on me since a lot of folks seem to like it. I just kept staring at the hair and makeup on De Niro and Pacino.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just a recent outing; middle of movie fire alarm goes off telling us to exit theatre, got to be 2000 or so people at cineplex milking around outside and it’s cold (for CA); I’m saying let’s go home and wifey says let’s see what the announcement. I figure no way we get to finish movie; have to reset system get everyone back in. Damn if 15 mins later we all get back in and finish our movies.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Just finished watching it. The last 30 minutes after Hoffa was killed was boring as hell. The entire movie had scenes that just seem to repeat themselves. How many times do we have to see Hoffa and Tony Pro arguing about a sitdown? How many times do we have to hear Hoffa bitch about someone being late? And the music, Jesus, it just seems so repetitive of how he used it in so many of his movies. Still, I’m gonna watch it again right now :)

justgladtobehere likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Report was excellent. Adam Driver was good, Corey Stoll needs to be in more movies and Jon Hamm was an odd choice for Denis McDonough.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Started watching it and dozed off after too much turkey Thursday. Between the Looming Tower and Zero Dark Thirty, it definitely fills in some pieces.

Oceans 8 - left me wanting more, like there was some good stuff left on the cutting room floor. And at the end I was - eh? that's it? Needed to be stronger dynamics between characters mainly. Almost get the sense that were some reshoots after poor test screenings.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  8. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

FTFY.

9. Severian

I watched it on the plane and really enjoyed it. It's sad so many people were triggered from an all-female heist movie.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Same here. I actually watched it a few times in the theater (it was a summer with not great movies out and I was really bored). It was really well done. Certainly better than Oceans 12

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I did the first half tonight. I’ll try to get through the second half tomorrow.

It’s OK, but I’m totally distracted by grandpa DeNiro trying to look mean beating up a grocer and the hair and puffy faces take away from the story.

I’m having more fun picking out the old actors from his older movies like the guy from Pittsburgh who would buy the guns and the girl who wouldn’t fly without her hat.

12. Severian

Parasite (5/5): A very good film that meets the hype.

The Report (4/5): A great film on the CIA's torture program. Adam Driver was excellent. The reviewers on Amazon are whining about the "left-wing" bias, saying the film demonized Republicans. I didn't get that impression. In fact, there are Republicans who vehemently opposed to torture, including John McCain, who put his damn name on the bill with Feinstein.

Draft saved Draft deleted