1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

We streamed “Asteroid City” last night. I’m either not sophisticated or intelligent enough to appreciate it. My wife bailed halfway through. I kept with it, hoping it would get better. Then the credits started rolling.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"White Mischief" from 1987. An exceptionally well-cast film. Greta Scacchi plays the incredibly sexy young wife of a stolid aristocrat (Joss Ackland) who has an affair with a dashing military officer (Charles Dance). Based on a true story. Watchable, but not great. John Hurt is wasted in a small role. Hugh Grant appears in the first two scenes in one of his first films.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Dune 2, great film making. Saw it in IMAX; I gotta see more movies in IMAX.

4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

The Zone of Interest.

one of those movies that leaves you a little stunned. Not quite as much as Aftersun though. I recommend it.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Barbenheimer today. No idea how any actor in either movie besides Murphy was nominated.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Poor Things.

WTF

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You’re the first one I’ve seen not praise RDJ.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Glad to be a trendsetter. He was fine and was allowed to chew scenery in the last 15 minutes.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Dune Part 2. First movie I’ve seen in a theater since the pandemic, and it was well worth seeing on the big screen.

I’ve read Dune and the two books that followed, and for Dune Part I that really helped me follow the story. I think Part 2 was much easier to follow for those who haven’t read the book, like my daughter.

Also, hard to believe the guy who played the young Harkonen bad guy is the same actor from the Elvis biopic!

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He's a lead in Masters of the Sky as well.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Poor Things. Deeply weird but I liked it. The female empowerment message kinda like Frankenstein Barbie.

OscarMadison, garrow and SFIND like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

We caught Dune 2 in IMAX today. It's been a while since I had my guts vibrated by subsonics, lol.

It's very well done indeed, and if you can see it in IMAX the film deserves it. No telling how many Oscars that thing is gonna pull.

sgreenwell, I Should Coco and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted