1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I saw it - it's good! I think it'll win a lot of technical awards, and maybe Timmy or Zendaya get a nom, depending on what else comes out in 2024. It's close to 3 hours, but it surprisingly zips right along.

garrow and Neutral Corner like this.
  2. John

John Well-Known Member

Saw Dune 2 last night. First time I've seen a movie in a theater since Mad Max Fury Road. My girlfriend, who has read all of the books, loved it. I admired it visually and I admired its ambition, but I didn't enjoy it. Maybe it was just my theater, but it was almost painfully loud from start to finish -- except when actors were whispering for no reason.

I'm clearly the outlier who didn't like it, but I was glad when it was over.

Also, I kept thinking about how much Timothee Chalamet looks like both Shia Labeouf and Stetson Bennett.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

BlackBerry. Good, but seemed better suited to a miniseries.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Well, you're in luck! ;) I believe it does now stream as a three or four-episode mini-series.

garrow likes this.
  5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I need to try to watch that again. It's the first Anderson movie that I've ever spent more time scanning the shelves for my next read than watching.

The trailers looked so promising. The sex scenes were boring and took up too much time. Ultimately, I liked the idea more than the execution.

That's been my experience nearly every time I go to the cinema. I've had to leave a few movies because the volume was almost panful. Maybe they do it to drown out the people who talk during movies. Could be me, though. When I'm watching or listening to something, people sometimes express surprise I can hear whatever it is.

John and sgreenwell like this.
  6. John

John Well-Known Member

This is also an area - one of many - where the at-home experience, and the control you have, has made going to the theater much less pleasant or appealing. At least to me.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

"Dogma" is on YouTube and as a lapsed Catholic, it makes me laugh. But it's Alan Rickman, who was a line-reading genius, who always brings me back.

garrow and OscarMadison like this.
  8. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Road House, the strangest/best bad move ever. The Rewatchables podcast is a great companion piece.

It’s new to Prime in view of the coming reboot.

garrow, OscarMadison and UNCGrad like this.
  9. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Road House is my favorite bad movie.

garrow, Tighthead and OscarMadison like this.
  10. OscarMadison

Dogma is a DID for me. So many good performances. God ended up being one of us. Boop.

Right up there with Next of Kin.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  11. OscarMadison

The even though I was watching more movies at homes (mine and others) more than in cinemas before 2020, I think that line disappeared after COVID. Maybe it's age, maybe it's a need to be comfortable. The same holds true for games. HST was on to something when he asked for streaming subs to cover games.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Mine too. Antitrust is right up there too, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted