1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Not to mention she was shooting entirely with a 55mm lens.

SFIND likes this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I forgot how funny Beetlejuice was.

garrow likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Napoleon. Shockingly bad considering the stature of the director. Phoenix (who can be great) is sorely miscast and Vanessa Kirby (a sexy, talented woman) is as well (Josephine was much older than Napoleon).

Choppy storytelling, indifferently cast in the supporting roles (the great Ludivine Sagnier is listed in the opening credits....but doesn't appear in the film) and an appalling number of historical inaccuracies. What a waste!

4. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Saw Challengers, No way to describe it other than that it's Jules et Jim set in the world of professional tennis.

It's certainly interesting, And it's coming to Amazon (they co-produced it?) But the funniest thing for me is that it has three characters in their early 30s and even for athletes, they act like life is almost over.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Night Swim; not totally bad, some suspense.

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Sunset Boulevard. First time.
    A very young William Holden is outstanding. So, too, is Gloria Swanson though I don't recall ever seeing her in anything before.
    Struggling writer part of the plot kept me along for the ride.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I haven't even watched one-eighth of Once Upon a Time in America and it is beyond bonkers.

Draft saved Draft deleted