1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Upgraded on Prime. A perfectly serviceable romcom with an attractive and personable lead.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The Fourth Protocol, screenplay by Frederick Forsyth from his novel. Late stage Cold War thriller and Pierce Brosnan's first theatrical feature after Remington Steele, playing a Soviet agent looking to detonate a tactical nuke before MI5 misfit Michael Caine can stop him. ON. A. HUNCH. Spoiler: If you pay attention to the pre-open and I know all the journos here do, then the "surprise" ending is anything but.

OTOH, Joanna Cassidy topless. Also Brosnan, who has the most amazing skin this side of David Bowie.

garrow likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"Boys in the Boat," on a United flight. Who knows how much of it is historically accurate, but it was a good way to spend a 2 1/2-hour flight.

garrow likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Ivan Reitman's "Dave." Wonderful entertainment from a gentler era. Kevin Kline and Sigourney Weaver are perfect as is the super strong supporting cast. Excellent plotting and often heartfelt. An underrated 90s gem.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Grosse Point Blank. Haven’t see it in many years and stumbled across it right at the end of a grinder of a work week.

I absolutely love the this flick. It was probably right age/time/mood/experience when I first saw it. But I think it’s exceptional.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2024
    OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Fun flick

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Grosse Pointe Blank is one of my all-time favorite movies.

“I am at home with the me. I’m rooted in the me, who is on this adventure.”

“OK, keep it up. And don’t kill anyone.”

“Right!”

Deskgrunt50 and garrow like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

This looks really good

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Chris Pine's Poolman was way more enjoyable than its reviews would indicate. Definite cult film potential.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Twisters, just a good summer action flick. Powell has a good smirk.

britwrit, garrow and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

We saw it Sunday. Surprisingly good. It knew what it was supposed to be and executed the game plan.

Big summer fun without a need for brain engagement.

garrow and qtlaw like this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The rest of the cast is excellent, but I thought it was Kline's performance that made it all work.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted