1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

The Conversation, Coppola/Hackman from 1974. Easy to watch, very much if its era in terms of pace and plot. Hackman might be my all time favourite.

2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Strange Darling. LOVED it.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

La Belle Noiseuse

The greatest movie ever made about art and the making of art; artists and the making of artists.

And their unmaking.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I dunno, I really enjoyed it. Could be because I was in the mood for a popcorn flick I didn’t have to think too hard about. It was fast paced with snappy dialogue, a healthy amount of laughs and Damon and Affleck Jr have gobs of chemistry.

Tighthead likes this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We watched American Hustle last night — never had seen it. Fantastic movie — tour de force by Bale.

garrow likes this.
  6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Saw "Society of the Snow," about the 1972 crash in the Andes and the survival of 16 of 45 people on a plane carrying the Uruguay rugby team last night on Netflix.

Whew! So harrowing, but a truly good movie, which was based on the book of the same name.

7. Tighthead

I really enjoyed that, but it doesn’t seem to have left an impression. I’ve heard it suggested that Wolf of Wall Street (which I haven’t seen) swallowed up the same cultural space.

Bale is great, so are Cooper and Lawrence, and even CK.

Webster likes this.
  8. Tighthead

Rugby players revel in the quote “"If we had been soccer players, we would have died.". It’s too good to fact check.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Way better than Wolf of Wall Street which was a long, repetitive bore.

justgladtobehere and Tighthead like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

One of my favorites of the decade

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Leo and Hill are great in that movie, which has the cache of being a Marty movie and some memeable content. But it was a bloated movie which should have been an hour shorter.

justgladtobehere and Tighthead like this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

A more recent companion to which is Never Look Away, the Von Donnersmarck not-a-biopic biopic of Gerhardt Richter.

Draft saved Draft deleted