1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

They'll get over it.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

PG-13

justgladtobehere likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah, and?

4. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

If they're into gross-out humor, maybe? If it all sensitive, probably not.

One secondary character spends the movie with a gaping , bloody hole where his head used to be. That's typical.

[Edit: Which is why I was surprised to see it have such a good opening weekend. A non-kid sequel to a pretty old movie.]

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the new Beetlejuice. It takes a bit too long to get going. The first 35-40 minutes could be a tight 20-25 without losing anything.

Once it gets going, it’s pure silly fun with a solid emotional anchor. Heavy nods to the original of course. Keaton owns the role and Ryder and Ortega are good. Catherine O’Hara chews some scenery and has some great lines.

The shrunken head throw-away gag from the original is a major part and works great.

I like silly, it’s not too long. An enjoyable time. And I’ve always loved the idea of the afterlife being a particularly annoying trip to the DMV.

garrow likes this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Rebel Ridge. Really good. Did a great job of pissing me off, which I imagine was the intent. Fuck civil asset forfeiture.

qtlaw and garrow like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Long Game on Netflix with Jay Hernandez and Dennis Quaid about a pair of WWII veterans who organize a high school golf team in Texas with Mexican-American players. Co-stars Cheech Marin, Oscar Nunez, Brett Cullen and the gorgeous Jaina Lee Ortiz. Based a true story. Nothing earth-shattering, but well-done.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Longlegs is terrifically creepy.

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Is Rebel Ridge anything other than Black Rambo?

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Rebel Ridge (watched this weekend) is more layered and complex than Rambo. Highlights some very good issues. Are there Stallone elements? Yes but its much more than that IMHO.

garrow likes this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I watched Longlegs too this weekend. Some similarities to Silence of the Lambs but also with supernatural elements. Very much enjoyed it, wish I had gone to the theatre to watch.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Axel F was just okay. Best part: Luis Guzman belting out a Spanish version of Maneater.

Draft saved Draft deleted