1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lexi Thompson's delayed penalty

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 2, 2017.

1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

When will a TV station in a mid-sized market restage this?

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

No professional golfer marks their ball from the side, and it's not accidental to replace the ball an inch from where it's supposed to be. Yes, that's the definition of cheating.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The more I see this thread title, the more I keep thinking it's Lea Thompson, and I get disappointed.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Please. It's a one-foot putt. It was a brain cramp.

Again, I agree there should have been a penalty. She broke the rules. I completely disagree with how it was implemented and the timing of it. There needs to be a point where it ends. Not at the end of the competition but at the end of the round, or certainly before the start of the next round.

How this was handled completely hijacked the tournament and affected every player in the field who would have changed how they approached their round, knowing the correct scores at the start of the round.

5. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

They should ensure that the spectators will be ground-level rules enforcers. If a player is caught cheating, the event turns into a full-on spectator scramble for the prize money.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Why was the intent of the anonymous whistleblower? Did he/she not like Lexi Thompson? Did he/she call Vegas and put $10K on the field before they hit send on the email? That the LPGA (and other sanctioning bodies in the past) allowed someone from someplace else to affect the outcome of their tournament the next day is baffling to me.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

How big of a fucking loser do you have to be to:

1. Watch the LPGA.
    2. Watch the LPGA that closely.
    3. Be so moved by what you saw that you:
    A: Go on the internet and look for the LPGA website.
    B: Look for an e-mail address.
    C: send an e-mail.

Jesus. These are the same fuckers who call the cops on their neighbors for small bullshit.

JC likes this.
  8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah, whoever called this in needs to be outed for the good of the sport. If you're going to act like a rules official, you lose the right to anonymity.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yep, same people who bitch about kids outside playing and making to much noise.

Although he's probably a big man right now with his buddies whose names end with III.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  10. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

You think he's friends with Davis Love? Hadn't considered that possibility.

11. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Or Rocky.

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

What in the name of Michael Bamberger is going on here?

Draft saved Draft deleted