1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost: The Final Season (Premieres Feb. 2)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 20, 2010.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sure. I mean, why else would they have thought they were there?

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

One last finale thought: Kate in that little black dress? Haaaaave mercy.

And a thought from watching old eps on the CW: I sure would have liked some backstory on the who/how of trapping Smokie in the cabin with the circle of ash. Didn't NEED to be explained, in the big picture, but I'd sure like the answer.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

QUESTIONS!!! MYSTERIES!!!!!!!!

This is a good reminder that while some questions are easily dismissed . . . some of the time spent meandering this season could have been spent on a resolution or 10. The last two seasons (4 and 5) were much more focused.

Enjoy.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1936291

If already posted, apologies.

Numbers.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Well, I mean, did they catch Smokie during nap time, and just do the "circle of ash" thing then?

Smokie (waking up, yawning and stretching): "Hey, what's this!?! Oh, you guuuuuuys!"

5. NDub

NDub Guest

Yes, he did. It's what made him realize there were two worlds. He met her at the stadium while she was running the steps. He touched her hand, passed out, woke up on The Island, then flashed back to Sideways world, talked to her again and went to the limo where he told Mankowski he needed the 815 manifest so he could "show (the passengers) something."

6. NDub

NDub Guest

Ha ha.

It's my understanding that he's been able to come and go from the cabin at all times. We saw him in the pilot, so he clearly wasn't confined then. I think they showed the circle of ash twice - once unbroken, once broken. But I think it was to just show the ash. I'm not sure showing it either way meant anything. Ilana said that someone else was using the cabin and he hadn't been there in a long time. So, I'd guess Smokie would head back into the cabin, which was probably Jacob's at one point, and kick his feet up after a long day of chasing plane crash survivors around the Island or trying to find a weakness in the Others' fence. That would explain why we saw "Christian" in there. And apparently some odd manifestation of an old dude with a mullet.

7. NDub

NDub Guest

Yes, I brought it up...

Some spoilers regarding the epilogue with Hurley and Ben.

They didn't exactly cover these up over there at Sl-Lost.com.

http://www.sl-lost.com/2010/06/08/jorge-garcia-dishes-teases-lost-epilogue/

8. NDub

NDub Guest

Doc part II - http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20313460_20393488,00.html

and did anyone see this really REALLY cool map?

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/06/16/lost-map/

9. NDub

NDub Guest

Final Totally LOST with Doc and Dan is up at EW.com.

It's eight parts, about five minutes each of discussion. Emerson and Abrams make cameos.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Rather mealy mouthed by Lindelof. Host doesn't know what he's talking about.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/24/lost-producer-defends-lost-finale-you-were-warned

To me, a waste of time to try to explain it at this point. It was what it was.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The last season and the final episode really poisoned me on the whole show

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'm going to rewatch the series at some point knowing what I know now but I can't see how that final season and that series finale are going to do anything but piss me off and ruin the whole series for me.

I get that this was never supposed to be a show about the mysteries and we were supposed to focus on the characters but you can't say that in one breathe and then in the other keep introducing more and more mysteries to advance your storyline.

I never asked HOW they traveled back in time. I just wanted to know WHY they did.

I never wanted to know WHAT the numbers were. I just wanted to know WHY they were so important.

I never asked WHY the island brought them there. I just wanted to know WHY the island was so special.

I feel like this show set up a ton of great mysteries and once the writers figured out they couldn't find a good way to explain them, they got lazy and tried to say it was all "About the characters".

Bullshit.

If that's the case, you should have kept the show limited to what you did in the first season and made it strictly about survival and banding together instead of making thing up on the fly.

Draft saved Draft deleted