1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jim Tom Pinch, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I thought eyepatch dude looked like Zeke/whatever-his-name-is wearing a disguise.

I just don't understand how the second island is kept hidden from the survivors. They've hiked quite a bit of the coastline. Sayid, Jin and Sun have sailed around part of it. So has Desmond. And when Ben/Henry showed Sawyer the view, Sawyer immediately recognized the island.

2. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

Well, who has seen the whole coastline? The hikers and sailors you mention might not have circumnavigated the entire island. It's fairly large.

Are you sure Sawyer immediately recognized it? Seemed to me his look of surprise/awe was simply from the revelation that there were 2 islands, not 1.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I read his look as recognition. But I guess I could have gotten it wrong.

I also wonder if the second island revelation wasn't yet another con being played on Sawyer.

4. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

True, although I just checked again and it sure does look like another island. No prove, of course, which island is which.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I assume it's Zeke's x-ray because when Jack brought it up with the blonde, he said "Who's x-ray is that. It looks like it belongs to a large male around 40 years old and it has a tumor on the spine ...." Large male around 40 immediately made me think of Zeke.

Also, could a doctor really tell a person's approximate age from a quick glance at an x-ray?

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

speaking of conning sawyer wouldn't it be cool if his heart really did explode because they conned him about being conned?

7. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Maybe Ben/Henry knows the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique.

It struck me watching this show last night that all of the Others are (except perhaps for the attractive blonde woman) actors who have done bit parts their whole careers, usually playing some kind of tool or dork. Now, they're playing people in power and (seemingly) in control of everything. Meanwhile, it's the beautiful people (except Hurley and the hobbit, of course) who are portraying people that are weak, locked up or in need of help.

Just thought it was interesting.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Question: In the con flashback, why would the bald guy inmate enlist Sawyer to relocate and hide his $10 million (and provide the money's location) when Sawyer is also in prison and has six years remaining on his sentence?

9. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

I think the two islands are connected via the Hydra station. That's where Jack is right now. As far as the beach-bound people not seeing the second island, well, they weren't really headed over that way. I think it would be a loooong walk and they simply hadn't traversed that far yet. Didn't Sayid circle the island on foot once? Eh, maybe he just missed it.

I, too, though Benjamin made a reference to a sub.

Interesting to me that Juliet is a fertility doctor. Just what you need on a remote island.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The map that was on the wall that Locke saw, it seems like it indicated a much smaller island off the coast of the big island. At the time, people were thinking it was an underwater hatch, but now, I guess, it was a really small island.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I lost my guitar tuner in my recent move.
    Very frustrating.
    Great thread topic.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I thought Flipper got it in the divorce.

Draft saved Draft deleted