1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jim Tom Pinch, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Remind me again - - what was the point of introducing the survivors from the tail section? Just bring in sympathetic characters to kill off?

Memo to the Lost cast: get arrested on Oahu and your character dies!

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Walt gone. Michael gone. Ana-Lucia dead. Eko dead. Call Jesse Jackson. If I were Rose or Hurley, I wouldn't be picking any green bananas.

Eko (along with Henry/Ben) was the most compelling actor/role on the show. Someone should put that guy in an action movie or something.

3. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

I don't think Eko is dead. He'll be back in some manner -- not just flashbacks.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Man, I think Eko is toast. I don't really know what to think about that either. His storyline was way more compelling that some of the others. Now, I'm not really sure what it all means.

I feel like I'm watching this show more out of obligation than actual enjoyment anymore.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Back in some sort of revived from the dead manner? Because it sure looked to me like he died.

And I just don't know about this Juilet character. Is she messing with Jack with that videotape? Is she really the evil one, trying to oust Ben?

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing to myself. How can Jack trust her any more than he trusts Ben? After all, it was mentioned that they want[i/] him to trust her.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

haven't seen it yet, but I suspected it would be Eko. Just because he's so damn interesting and cool.

It does seem like there's an inordinate amount of tailfin people dying. Sort of dumb.

Did Juliet have that annoying sort-of smirk on her face when she talked to Jack? Snide shrew.

8. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

SPOILER BELOW FOR NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE

The people on the second island worship BYH.

9. Eko's gonna become some sort of ghost perhaps? Cause he definitely shuffled off the ole mortal coil.

I agree it's kinda weak to introduce all the tail section people only to kill them all off. By that logic it doesn't look good for Nicky and Paolo.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It would seem that Eko is not coming back. This is also further proof that there is no long-term plan, they are just making it up as they go.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2006-11-01-eko-lost_x.htm

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

The show Lost me last year precisely for that reason. I've said it before (maybe even on this thread), but that first year of Lost was amazing television, and it felt like there was a 24-episode arc in which the entire story would be told. But it became too big a hit to limit to one season, so now it feels as if they're just making up shit to extend the story until ABC doesn't need it anymore.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

When Matthew Fox was on the Daily Show he talked about art versus commerce and how Lost was going to get caught in that. Basically would ABC let the producers pull the plug when the show rans its course. He seemed to indicate it was a four-season run and this is season three.
    I was kind of wondering why Ben couldn't go to the mainland and get surgery done? People seem to be able to come and go, why not just load up with Walt and set sail?
    I vaguely remember a screen grab that showed images of people inside the cloud once, but I'm not really sure. So who knew the black cloud could assume the form of people? Does it have a wonder twin sibling that can assume the form of water?
    Lost is still better than most TV, but I'm exhausted from it. Next week's episode will kick ass, but then its Taye Diggs stars in Groundhog Day and, for me, now I'm just waiting to see how it ends and what mind fuck trick they pull this week.

Draft saved Draft deleted