1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jim Tom Pinch, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Still need to go back and read some of this, but my first question:

Why didn't Jack just say, 'you've got a tumor? Why the fuck didn't you get in your sub or boat or whatever and go to the mainland and get it fixed? You can get TVs, the world series on tape, detailed information on EVERYONE on the boat ... why not jsut get your tumor fixed?'

I think the Others are lying about EVERYTHING ... i think they are on the same island as the passengers on the beach. Great show, I won't give up on it regardless of what happens.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

How can they be on the same island? They showed Sawyer and the audience the separation, unless that goes away in low tide.

Good point on the Jack/Ben/tumor thing.

Another question is: How the hell did Sun/Jin/Sayid not see the other island when sailing around? Unless they didn't actually go all the way around, but Juliette said something about how it'd be great if they just sailed in circles. If they sailed in a circle, they'd see the other island.

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

OK ... I apologize if this was ever discussed, but I'm still wondering if there is a connection between Jack and Claire?
    I remember the flashbacks of his father wanting to see his daughter, who knows how long ago the affair took place and how old she was when his dad finally got drunk enough to return to see her?
    I just have this weird feeling these two are brother and sister and don't even know it.

4. I liked this episode. It struck me as a rather satisfying payoff/cliffhanger after some uneven episodes this fall. Shows that every episode of a show doesn't have to be a world-beater to advance the story.

5. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

Clever, there's no reason to think Sayid, Sun and Jin made it all the way around the island. They just wanted to sail from their beach to where they thought they could find the Others.

Red, the question about Jack and Claire possibly being half-siblings remains unresolved.

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Thank you, so I'm not the only one who actually believes it to be the case. Wheew I thought I was losing it.

7. hiredguy

hiredguy Member

There wasn't a running thread for tonight's episode.....but is anyone else as confused as FUCK??? what the hell is happening???

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

There's a lot of Penny.

That's enough for me.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

He sure has been choking Charlie for a long time.

I feel like I'm watching The Matrix.

10. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

I was thinking the same thing.

What.The.Fuck.

11. hiredguy

hiredguy Member

Is the whole thing Desmond's dream or something? For me, this was the most difficult LOST episode to watch ever.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Really? I loved this episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted