1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jim Tom Pinch, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Don't use too much brain energy on that. I think it's just demonstrating how we're all cosmically connected. Don't know if there's any special significance beyond that. The old six degrees of separation stuff.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Of course, the theory is Claire is Jack's half-sister.

As for Juliet being related to Sarah (as played by the radiant Julie Bowen), perhaps the cancer-stricken woman was a third sister.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I think she was also there to demonstrate the healing powers of the island so that Locke's recovery from paralysis couldn't be deemed a fluke.

4. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

This is a good question. I'd forgotten all about Rose and Bernard, which I think were their names.

5. Winger, I had no idea you were into Lost.

6. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Oh, man. Can't get enough. I'd watch an episode that was nothing but Sawyer walking around giving people nicknames. Or one that had nothing but Hurley saying "Dude," and occasionally breaking into a brisk walk.

As much as the show can be a frustrating cock-tease, it's still sheer genius.

7. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I've watched just about every episode of Lost and damn if I remember Kiele Sanchez being added to the cast.

Damn... she stumbles out of the brush all hot looking and dies.

This leads me to ask. . . why do they keep killing the good looking women?

8. Jack_Bauer24

Jack_Bauer24 New Member

Another strong episode. It didn't further the plot much, but what a tremendous ending. Can't wait to watch it again later.
    I also love how they keep the people who have already died on the island somehow in the mix. You think they did all those shots with Boone, Shannon, Arnst, etc way back or do they bring them back from time to time to film when they need them? If I was Boone and got killed off the show in Season 1, I'd have been pissed and never come back for them. Anyway...

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

This was one of the best Lost episodes I have seen.
    Filled in plenty of the back story and had an ending that wasn't quite " I had the weirdest dream" good, but still plenty damn fine.
    Also proves that the writers have a much better idea of where the show is going than we give then credit for.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

An excellent episode; pretty sure whoever wasn't on board with Nikki before, was after the opening.

Pretty lady.

Great ending, just awesome. But I wonder (SPOILERS!!!!!!)

Was this just more of what I call the Sirius Black effect? Black was the Harry Potter character who was killed shortly after his introduction, almost as if they wanted to kill "someone close to HARRY!!!!!" but copped out and created a new character to artificially manufacture some emotion. While the ending tonight was suitably disturbing, I wonder if that was their plan for Nikki and Paolo all along. Create them, have people wonder who the hell they are, throw a pair of pretty people into the mix, then drop tonight's ending for maximum shock value. Create them just to shock kill them.

I hate to be one of those who moans when the plot isn't advanced with each and every scene of each and every episode, but I wonder now what the point of Nikki and Paolo was. I would have been interested in more about them.

But I'm much more interested in continued explorations of Others backstories.

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

huh?

12. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

SPOILER.. . .

Kiele Sanchez was signed for something like 12 episodes so I wonder if she doesn't get out of this somehow. . . though I'll be honest. . . paralyzed + tons of sand on you = usually dead

Draft saved Draft deleted