1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jim Tom Pinch, Oct 2, 2006.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

good episode. i wonder what they meant with those references to michael? so was he always part of the others from day one? he sure seemed to be legitimately suffering and not happy when they took walt.

2. She is one seriously cold-hearted chick.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I thought that it was an excercise in masturbation by the writers. Zelig the two newcomers back into familar scenes and add some new scenes with some others who died. Not quite sure what it proved other than that Paolo is an ass and that Nikki had a really nice body.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This seemed like a throwaway episode. The writers just put it in there to slow the main plotline and rid themselves of two secondary characters.

Though it did further the whole "these people don't talk to each other" angle so many fans gripe about when Nikki and Paulo find the plane and other hatch, but don't say a word about it to anybody.

Going back one week, any weight to the theory Locke didn't actually blow up the sub? When he was caught, he was soaking wet. The sub was docked. He walked right to it and climbed in. Unless he later climbed out and put the C4 on the hull of the sub, he'd have no reason to get into the water. The theory is Locke took the sub out to deeper waters, submerged it, exited through a diver's hatch and swam back. Then he exploded the end of the dock to make it look like the sub sank.

5. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

That's a pretty persuasive argument, but why wouldn't Locke want to destroy the submarine? His motivation for that seemed pretty cut-and-dried.

6. Inky_Wretch

Locke never said he wanted to destroy the sub. Ben/Henry put that explanation about him wanting to avoid his father out there. What if Ben/Henry misread Locke's intentions?

7. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I thought worries about his father were only part of Locke's concerns...Wasn't he much more worried about having to go back into the wheelchair, which he'd presumably have to do if he ever left the island?

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Did she say "Paulo lies" or was it "Paralyzed"?
    Did Vincent know that they were alive? Was that why the dog kept pulling off their blankets?
    What did Locke mean when he said, "nothing on this island stays buried"? Did he mean that they will come back?
    And the show revealed plenty, plus it had Lando!

9. Inky_Wretch

The only thing last night revealed was Nikki in a bikini. Unless, of course, you took Shannon at her word that Boone was hitting on guys in the airport and, therefore, he's gay. Or at least bi.

I think Vincent was pulling the tarp off because they were alive. I guess it's possible they could dig themselves out of the sand grave. Perhaps Vincent will start digging there to help them.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I caught that too. I also realized how it was going to end when the flashed "8 hours ago" on the screen right before Nikki threw the spider on Paolo.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Actually, I saw the eight hours and my first hope was that the reaction would be "Holy crap, they're zombies" then they got beat down with the shovels.

It confirmed that the others aren't with Dharma. It revelaed that Paulo knew what was going to happen and didn't prevent it. He also knew who Ben was and didn't say anything.
    And that the writers have a better grasp of what's going on than the fans.
    Nikki and Paulo going with the group. Paulo flushing, which made many scratch their heads. Everything they did was done for a reason. And I think that parallels what it happening on the show, everything is happening for a reason. Every little clue gets an answer, at some point.
    I don't remember the science teacher dying though.

12. Inky_Wretch

Did Paulo ever see Ben/Henry when he was being kept in the hatch?

And I guess I missed the "Others aren't with Dharma" moment. When was that?

The science teacher exploded when handling some old TNT at the Black Pearl pirate ship.

Draft saved Draft deleted