1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jim Tom Pinch, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I'm thinking they've now become exactly like Shannon and Boone.

Y'know...dead.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Except Shannon and Boone. And Eko, etc.

3. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

You're a real stickler.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Oops. Knew better.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

But unlike those stories, the writers have a way to ...er ... dig themselves out of this hole.

6. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Also, the Expose director did say to Nikki that he can bring her back from the dead, say she was wearing a bullett-proof vest.

Thought that was interesting after the fact.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He said that you can always come back next season after you die, and then all of the dead characters showed up. Also, I read that Locke was watching Expose last episode in his dingy apartment.

8. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Right, but he was saying that they can make it so that she didn't actually die, not that they would be using her in flashbacks.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If you go down that road, however, don't you have to include her reaction to it?

She opened her trenchcoat to excite Jay Farrar show the director the fans wouldn't believe "she was wearing a bulletproof vest" explanation.

10. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I think we need to start looking at each scene and episode as an allegory to the human race. Young people who are out for materialistic gain and short-term gain -- and ignore things that may help them in the long run -- will get theirs. This theory that the island is a mini globe hit me last week duing Ben and Locke's discussion. Ben represented an older generation -- wiser, more experience on the island, disbled. Lock represented youth -- gung-ho, inexperienced on the island, unwilling to listen, easily manipulated.

Each week, there are a few scenes that make me believe Lost is just a morality play about the human race, maybe even specifically America.

11. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

not sure how that applies to the way the show ended last night, though. The stuff was supposed to wear off after eight hours. Her eyes opened as the sand was being dumped on them. Sure, they are probably dead, but MAYBE not.

Even if they are mostly dead, can't they just call Miracle Max?

Draft saved Draft deleted