1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lost

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jim Tom Pinch, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that not only haven't we moved past Square One, we're at Square Negative 10. We're in season number 3 and not one question has been answered without five more questions being asked.

2. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

You don't like more questions?

3. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

If this show answered the majority of its "questions" then why continue watching? That's the appeal of this show, the mystery! The producers admitted they have a 5-year story arc planned out and I plan on giving them that. They've done very little to disappoint me. The writing is well done, the character development is outstanding (I feel emotionally attached to several people on the island).
    Instant gratification isn't always a good thing. The longer you wait for something, the better it is when you FINALLY receive the payoff. It's great television.

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Can someone explain why Trixie the whore is on the island?

5. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

I was SOOOO disappointed to see Trixie show up, solely because I cannot suspend disbelief with any actor from my beloved "Deadwood." Hopefully Sun killed her, though that would be a mighty short story arc for Paula Malcomson (sp?).

I also was stunned to see Dan Dority (W. Earl Brown) show up tending bar in Cameron Crowe's "Vanilla Sky" the other day.

6. Beer_Baron

Beer_Baron Member

Didn't realize until last year that Dan also played the retarded brother in There's Something About Mary. Talk about range!

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Have you seen my baseball?

8. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

franks and beans!

9. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

on an actual Lost note, however, this show feels to me like the college football coach who keeps promising to turn things around, but you don't see any tangible payoff. maybe it was the comment about the "five-year story arc" and how we should be patient and give them the five years to see what happens. but it sounds like some SJers who watch it are going all disgruntled-booster on the show and are ready to give it its walking papers.

10. Beer_Baron

Beer_Baron Member

Plus we've still only seen half the cast. It's going to take 4 or 5 episodes just to get all the pieces in place. When you've got other shows determined to move TOO fast in their storytelling, here we have a bona fide hit that has the benefit of a slow burn in the development of its plots and storylines. Enjoy it while it lasts.

11. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i still like the show. last night was a good one despite the stupidity with sayid. i don't know why the SportsJournalists.com community went from being obsessed and in love last season to so down on it this season. i mean nothing happened in between seasons, did it?

i found it a little odd that the henry gale character told jack he had lived on this island his entire life. that's more than a little implausible to me. here's hoping they develop that storyline. maybe some flashbacks with the 'others' instead of the crash survivors.

and i'm looking forward to next week when we get to see hurley, mr. ecko, claire, john and the rest of the gang.

call me delusional but lost is still the only show on TV that i can't miss. sure, i watch (and tivo) other shows but none are can't-miss for me. not even close.

12. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

Because that what the SportsJournalists.com community does. About everything.

Draft saved Draft deleted