1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louis CK

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Comedians, more than actors, seem to be more comfortable disappearing for long periods of time. I could see him going away and not being heard from for a long, long time.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't understand why he wouldn't have just spoken to the reporters and gotten out in front of the story.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why there are so many typos in his statement

4. Dick Whitman

Self-loathing SJ.com is my favorite SJ.com.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Weird thought: I think it might be smart to add typos in a statement like that. Makes it look unvarnished, unedited and straight from him.

6. Dick Whitman

"When you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn't a question. It's a predicament."

We live in strange times.

FileNotFound likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Putting the dic into predicament.

HC likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Its like some of you - though married, have daughters, etc. have no clue when women are uncomfortable.

https://www.theroot.com/don-t-let-the-smile-fool-you-i-m-cringing-on-the-insid-1819987586

Don’t Let the Smile Fool You. I’m Cringing on the Inside

I used to work for a very popular media company, and we had a meeting that ended with a keynote speech by the living legend, the Rev. Jesse Jackson. So, of course, the conference room was packed wall-to-wall.

After Jackson’s riveting and inspiring speech about the responsibility of black journalists, we all lined up to take a photo with him. One by one, we stepped up, shared a few words and thank-yous with Jackson, snapped photos and went back to our desks. Simple enough, right?

I walked toward Jackson, smiling, and he smiled back at me. His eyes scanned my entire body. All of a sudden, I felt naked in my sweater and jeans. As I walked within arm’s reach of him, Jackson reached out a hand and grabbed my thigh, saying, “I like all of that right there!” and gave my thigh a tight squeeze.

I was shocked, to say the least. Even though Jackson had had his hand reached out, I had no idea that he would touch me in a sexual way.

I did what most women in an uncomfortable position do: I giggled. And I continued to giggle as he pulled me in closer, stared down at my body, smiled and told me he was only kidding. The entire time, my co-worker snapped photos.
    [​IMG]

9. Dick Whitman

You are responding to an imaginary post here, of course.

It is, indeed, correct that women laugh when in an uncomfortable position. It does not follow that women always laugh because they are in an uncomfortable position. You know when else they laugh? When they are enjoying themselves.

Back to the Times piece: Yes, they were uncomfortable. Was that in doubt? The unanswered question was, did they nonetheless grant consent for him to do what he did? The reporter didn't think it was important enough to ask that question. That is staggering.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

So, does all of this mean Louis CK is the biggest jerk-off in show business?

11. Dick Whitman

The competition is stiff.

doctorquant likes this.
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Awesome job of the NY Times to put the curb stomp on this pervert's career. His pathetic apology would have never been (ghost) written until that Times piece was published.

Now let's sit back and enjoy the riches:
    Buh-bye, I Love You Daddy
    The Orchard No Longer Moving Forward With Release Of Louis C.K.’s ‘I Love You, Daddy’

Netflix deals are gonzo
    Netflix Scraps Louis C.K. Stand-Up Special Amid Sexual Misconduct Claims

HBO cuts him from special
    HBO Cuts Louis C.K. From ‘Night of Too Many Stars’ Special

FX will be performing a 'review'
    Louis CK allegations prompt action by HBO, FX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.