1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louis CK

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Not sure if jokes highlighting the disgusting nature of HIS behavior is a good idea. Should probably stay clear of that subject altogether.

It would be like Cosby coming back and making tape jokes or roofie jokes.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Wonder how long we can keep this open before the "intellectual wing" of the board gets it locked.

3. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

You're probably right. I was thinking like one joke to open a set in acknowledgement of the elephant in the room. Either way, I think I'm spending entirely too much time dwelling on hypothetical comeback material.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I never know what you mean by this. I have opinions. I give them. I try to support the best I can.

*Shrug*

Anyway, I hope he can put his life and maybe even his career back together. But I’m a softie when it comes to this stuff. I don’t want to se anyone’s life ruined. I want them to learn, change, and redeem themselves.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If you never know what I mean by that, Dick, you're very smart about some things and very clueless about other things.

And one thing you really don't know: When to pack in the argument and let it go. EVER.

typefitter likes this.
  6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think his whole next act has to be about it. Otherwise, for someone who's otherwise so painfully honest seeming, it will look like a dodge. He could also impart some pretty important lessons, I imagine.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

About this you would not be wrong.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So much of his shtick is about jerking off and licking assholes. Without that kind of material, what is Louis CK really?

I'll be glad to be wrong but he's done.

9. typefitter

I will place a friendly wager that he is not. Three years from now, he'll come roaring back with an incredible hour of material that will be the equivalent of watching someone pulling out his own heart and eating it.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11/11/20. I'll set a Gmail alert for that day and I'll come back to this thread, this post, and we'll see where he's at.

11. typefitter

I honestly hope all of us—you, me, Louis, and the board—are around for this moment. I will delight in it.

12. typefitter

Of course, it will be right before the next election, so the chances are slim.

Dick Whitman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.