1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lucky Louie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dude, Jun 29, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

"Lifted a few words from Deadwood"?

Because they were the profanity trailblazers? I'm not a huge fan of the show, but c'mon.

2. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

I think it's a good show.

3. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

Remember, as someone else pointed out on another thread, she's Bobby Hill from King of the Hill.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

And Milo Oblong.

I keep Tivoing the show, but I'm not sure why. It's like it just tries to be outlandish without trying to be funny. And NO ONE on there can act.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I keep watching because I expect it to be so much better than it is... These are two of the best comics working and they're reduced to showing some guy's dick to get a laugh...

The last time I saw Norton in concert, I laughed so hard I had soda coming out of my nose and my buddy kept asking me if I was OK... Louis C.K.'s last HBO special was fucking great...

I don't think any of the first three shows have made me laugh even once, and I wanted to like the show...

Tourgasm is also a huge disappointment...

6. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

I want to like it, but it's not funny. It's not. The "sex" episode got a few laughs here, but the other two I've seen were either average or dreadful.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Looks like we're not the only ones who believe this show is as funny as Charlie Weis' ass vomit...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/story/440429p-371027c.html

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Saw one episode, found it remarkably unfunny. And Louis CK is a funny guy. Kind of a cruder, live and somehow less funny version of that "Mind of the Married Man" that at least offered occasional nudity few years back.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

He came on the Jon Stewart's and the Conan O'Brien's show and he was hilarious. Too bad I don't have HBO. :'(

10. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

Caught it the other day at a friends house and now I have HBO.

Any guy who calls his 4-year-old daughter an asshole is a-okay with me.

11. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

that's whats up

12. pallister

pallister Guest

I don't have cable. I'm totally lost.

Draft saved Draft deleted