1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Manu Ginobili gets a diamond ring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

What would be delish is if Kobe were to keep playing, and his appeal were to be heard and denied ... the day the Lakers were to play in Denver.

2. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Now I have no idea what hell Stern was thinking when he made this move.

3. That's OK, COCKDIAN. We have no idea what the hell you're thinking every time you post here.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Um... does anyone really believe that foul was unintentional? I sure as hell don't. One game seems appropriate.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'm with you, PC.

A 'normal' shooting motion is not to swing your arm wildly to the side, not even when you've been fouled while shooting.

Take a seat, prima dona.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I read somewhere tonight that all had been warned that the elbow trick wasn't going to be tolerated this season, unintentional or not. Pretty high-profile way to send the signal, though.

7. NDub

NDub Guest

Ginoseli is one of the biggest floppers in the league. The dude does it on both ends of the floor. He plays reckless on offense - puts his head down while driving to the hole, throws the ball up and falls down.

If it was anyone else playing defense/partially blocking Kobe's shot, Bryant's arm would have missed the nose. But since it was Ginoseli and his giant fucking schnozz, Kobe drilled it.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is the greatest subject heading in the history of SportsJournalists.com.

9. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Get a brain you bumb ass and just stick to the topic.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

It was definitely intentional. And one game's about right.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I can't see how this wasn't intentional. It was almost as big an elbow to the face as McBride (?) took against Italy in the World Cup earlier this year.

12. NDub

NDub Guest

The only part of it that was intentional was Kobe overacting to get a foul called. He didn't mean to hit Ginoseli in that big nose, but he did while trying to be Mr. Big Star and get the call. Like I said, had it been anyone else defending, Kobe would have missed his nose while flailing his arms. But since it was Ginoseli, it was a sure hit.

Draft saved Draft deleted