1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marge vs. the Monorail: The best Simpsons ever?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

"He likes peanuts."

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the Stampy episode in 5 or 6 years. I really wish I had a copy or was in front of the TV when that episode aired.

3. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

When I grow up, I'm going to Bovine University!

4. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Marge: What's brunch?

Jacques ("Brunswick"): It's not quite breakfast, it's not quite lunch, but it comes with a slice of cantaloupe at the end. You don't get completely what you get at breakfast, but you get a good meal.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

One of the greatest lines ever scripted.

6. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Classic.

7. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Vanity Fair magazine has a long Simpsons feature on their website, with a sidebar interview with Conan O'Brien and their list of the Top Ten epsiodes.

Number One: Rosebud, with Burns trying to recover his childhood teddy bear from Maggie.

8. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Great story and list of episodes....
    By the way, one of my personal underrated faves - "A Milhouse Divided" - is on in my locale right now.
    Homer and Marge are lying in bed, with Homer reading a "Hot Lotto Picks" magazine:
    Marge: Homer, is this how you imagined married life?
    Homer: Yeah, except I figured we'd drive around in a van and solve mysteries.
    Good stuff.... and this doesn't even include Kirk Van Houten's meltdown and Luanne dating an American Gladiator.
    Awesome.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

List of the 7-Elevens turned Kwik-E-Marts around the country:

http://www.7-eleven.com/kem.asp

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Some of the ones around my house have turned their Slurpee machines into Squishee machines, but I don't have any full store changeovers by me.

They have also started selling Buzz Cola six packs and Krusty-Os cereal.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Another great scene is when Homer goes to the beauty salon and serenades Marge with sounds of the sea. Hearing him do the fog horn and seagull makes me laugh.

12. doctor x

doctor x Member

One of Apu's finest moments comes near the end of the Homer and God episode (not certain of the exact title). Krusty, Flanders and Apu are among the firemen who help save Homer's burning house. Later, Rev. Lovejoy tells Homer how others are willing to help in a crisis, "be they Christian (Flanders), Jew (Krusty) or Miscellaneous (Apu)."
    Apu: "Hindu. There are 700 million of us."
    Rev. Lovejoy: "That's just super."

Draft saved Draft deleted