1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marriott going 100% smoke-free

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

No, keep it.
    You'll need it for the cold you'll catch when it's 12 degrees outside and your sorry butt is trying to grab a smoke.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Touche. Just please don't sneer at me through the window.

3. Mutah

Mutah Member

Where the fuck do you people live that people are "smoking in your face" and ashing over their shoulder and onto your plate? Tokyo? Seems like awfully tight quarters, because I know you wouldn't exaggerate.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He gets sand kicked in his face on the beach, too.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Absofuckingloutely correct, sir. Here in Florida, you can tell exactly which drivers are smokers --- they're the ones who are driving with all their windows down at 3:30 p.m. with the temp and humidity both in the 80s.

Of course, here in Florida Applebees, Chilis, etc, etc, etc, had to eliminate their smoking sections because the voters passed a constitutional amendment outlawing smoking in most places of business.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Last year, I was at a Rolling Stones concert at an outdoors baseball stadium. The stadium is clearly posted, "NO SMOKING." Anywhere on the grounds.

A few minutes into the concert, the trailer-trash punk in front of me torches up. Smoking away like a fiend.

I ask him, "Hey man, can you snuff the cigarette? The smoke bugs me."

He kind of smirks and laughs, and torches up another butt.

Shortly enough, I head up to pick up a couple beers. I spot an usher, so I tap him on the shoulder. "Hey, this kid in front of me is smoking, and I didn't pay $92.50 to get three hours of ciggie smoke in my face."

"Settle it between yourselves," Mr. Helpful Usher says.

I get back to my seat. "Hey dude, put the cigarette out," I say.

"Fuck You," says Ciggie Boy, on whom I had about 25 years, 8 inches, and 75 pounds, and torches up another one.

Fine. I threw him down about eight rows of concrete bleacher steps.

Problem Solved. :D

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If you think that I believe for 10 seconds that a grown man who says "ciggie" has actually won any version of a physical altercation known to man, you need to put down the crack pipe.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Don't light it up around me, sonny, or you're going down the concrete bleachers, too. ;)

It certainly wasn't a heroic one-punch knockout or anything like that. It was the dirtiest of dirty fights.

The fucker had his back turned to me, he was one row below me in the stands, I had 8-10 inches in height and 75 lbs on him, and I just shoved the cocksucker straight square in the back and sent him face-first, straight down the concrete.

Maybe in his sheltered world, nobody ever did anything when they asked him to put the fucking butt out and he responded with "Fuck You," but reality arrived in a hurry, right in the middle of "Gimme Shelter."

:D :D

9. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

My favorite thing in the world is a fat person yelling at smokers while they eat a big macs with their fat kids. those people are just priceless.

10. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

What's your point? The fat guy's big mac isn't emitting toxic smoke that everyone around him is forced to inhale.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not when they light up at concerts or ballgames.

People aren't hating you on this thread, they're hating the douchebags that give the rest of Smoker Nation a bad name.

12. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

the fat person is killing himself and his kids and he gets mad at you....

Draft saved Draft deleted