1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass shooting on campus in Oregon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Oct 1, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh no! I failed the test.

Now I'll never earn my government issued license to practice journalism.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Remember that the next 10,000 times you mock the media.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Lol. Says the guy who writes about athletes.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Whatever. Now school us in fact-checking and credibility again.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I certainly remember the pre-MADD times and hate to say chuckle about it nowadays, but only to extent of how uninformed we were before. At that time you got pulled over for DUI in my neck of the woods, they called your parents to pick you up or worse case, you went to driving school (8 hrs on a Sat, the easy one).

Yes, that pressure needs to be mobilized to effect a societal change about guns here.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Guys used six-packs as units of travel, as in "It's about a six pack from here to San Antonio." and thought that they had a God-given right to drive with a beer between their legs to keep their nuts cool."

This was absolutely me and guys I knew when I was in my twenties. We learned better eventually.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Years ago, my brother was pulled over after 2 a.m. drunk and doing about 100 mph on a highway feeder road in SW Houston. When he said he only had a couple miles to go, they told him to slow down and go straight home.

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

BURN

JackReacher and Riptide like this.
  9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

"The media" mock themselves a thousand times a day and have been doing so for decades. If that weren't true, you'd have never heard of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Fox News, Breitbart, etc.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is your list the mockers or mockees?

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It can be inferred that they are mockees.

doctorquant likes this.
  12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Accuracy in sports reporting is stressed more because I don't ever remember seeing anyone taking stats at a press conference or at a board of council meeting.

YF, you are out of your element.

YankeeFan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted