1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass shooting on campus in Oregon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I thought I solved the whole gun issue back at the end of August after that TV shooting.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Also, fuck Ben Carson.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Now I might have to vote for him. ;)

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

http://gawker.com/ben-carson-wouldnt-meet-ucc-shooting-victims-families-t-1735027922

"Then Fox’s Brian Kilmeade asked if, like Obama, Carson would would still travel to visit victims’ families despite some residents protests of grandstanding, to which Carson replied all too casually:

"Probably not. I mean, I would probably have so many things on my agenda that I would go to the next one."

There goes that whole "Brain surgeons are smart" thing.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Hysterical. If he visits them, he's grandstanding. If he doesn't, he's ignoring them for the clock kid.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

What I like is Carson's bland "the next one". No worries, there will be another school or theater shot up soon, if I miss this one I'll catch the make up visit with the grieving families.

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, surgeons are worse than politicians in they think they are Gods. A least politicians know their place in the universe.

Iron_chet likes this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well, surgeons at least have some useful accomplishments/skills to which they can point. Politicians, on the other hand ...

TyWebb and old_tony like this.
  10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Don't forget. He also blamed TV, movies and video games.

No word on backward Satanic lyrics on vinyl records, though.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Remember the Jovan Belcher muder-suicide in 2012?
    Remember the outrage that followed Bob Costas' commentary on it? One would think he stabbed a puppy on live TV judging by the response. Apparently, he messed with a sacred cow.
    If a gun is just a tool, as gun rights people often point out, what's so sacred about it?

Draft saved Draft deleted