1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McDonald's sweet potato pies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The specialty pies at my local McDonald's are pumpkin.

2. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

I saw something on this ... these things are being offered regionally in areas where people eat sweet potatoes.

This has been one of the few things that was offered up to McDonald's by someone outside of the company and they jumped on. The guy's company is making them and shipping them to McDonald's, so really outside of baking/frying them, McDonald's really has nothing to do with it.

3. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

And Mr. Tod is taking the necessary steps to get to that next level. Recently, the company was invited to debut on QVC. QVC plans on selling his pies in boxes of 10 assorted pies. The initial order by QVC was approximately 14,000 pies. And stating in the fall, Mr. Tod's four inch Sweet Potato Pie can be found in McDonald's off the New Jersey Parkway near East Orange. There is also the possibility of the four inch pies being sold in seven other McDonald's.

from ... http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/economy/sba-helps-jersey-baker-mr-tods-pie-factory-expand (pub. 12-10-09)

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So does that mean only in the south or only in black neighborhoods?

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Unavailable for comment:

[​IMG]

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Jack in the Box had sweet potato fries for a while. And yes, I've neither ever been able to tell the difference between sweet potato pie and pumpkin pie.

Draft saved Draft deleted