1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Me, too'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I love Arcade Fire’s music through Reflektor, but Win Butler would’ve been high up there on my list of people who would be most likely to be accused of this. Just a tremendous asshole and insanely awkward person when you watch him interact with people at his concerts.

Will, who seems to be a devout person, leaving the band, probably was a tip-off that something happened.

2. BartonK

BartonK Active Member

Seems like at least 3 of the 4 accusations are similar to Aziz Ansari's - I was younger (but an adult), there was a power differential, I came to regret it - but when you've been leading a holier-than-thou band for more than a decade, that's enough to completely derail your career. Is this the first #metoo where the guy's wife says "it was OK for him to have sex with groupies"? (and she's in the band, so she was on the road with him!)

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

First heard about it yesterday when Dan Patrick didn't do the typical Friday thing with AF, and mentioned the issues.

4. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Consecutive terms, not concurrent = 30 years.

Good.

Draft saved Draft deleted