1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is/was just begging to turn into something worse.

This is all horrible, but I cannot imagine what possessed these people to sit across the middle of one the busiest freeways in California.

MSN

(I realized I hadn't put the link in that I intended to -- the reason I posted here. So, here's a story on the issue).

Last edited: Dec 15, 2023
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Do you agree with your buddy?

Azrael likes this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

That quote is from the LitHub story, not from the Gessen essay.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

So far it sounds like the prize may still be awarded, but on a different day in a different venue and without the participation of the Böll Foundation.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-y...ng-palestinians-to-jews-under-nazi-occupation

Masha Gessen on the Holocaust, Israel, and the Politics of Memory

Hannah-Arendt-Preis: Böll-Stiftung zieht sich aus Preisvergabe an Masha Gessen zurück

Hannah-Arendt-Preis an Masha Gessen: Kritik und Rückzug

Criticism of the awarding of the Hannah Arendt Prize for political thought to the journalist Masha Gessen is becoming louder. The Bremen Senate and the Böll Foundations say they are in favor of canceling the event on Friday, and the Böll Foundations in the federal and state governments of Bremen will also no longer take part in the award ceremony. The German-Israeli Society (DIG) in Bremen initially expressed concerns and called for the award ceremony to be canceled.

(via Google translate)

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

$100 million gets you what, 3.5 houses in Austin?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but as we’ve seen with Miami, there’s always room for two schools with the same name.

Elon College (Tx), come on down!

garrow likes this.
  9. Songbird

Seems like you could have found and posted the original news source. Then again you might agree that Israel is a rogue state committing genocide.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

and no, I don't agree that Israel is a rogue authoritarian nation committing a genocide.

11. Songbird

has nothing to do with what I suggested. I appreciate the follow up but you did give the guy clicks. Go LitHub!

Azrael likes this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Has a nice, respectable sound to it, unlike other "hubs" I've ... heard of.

Draft saved Draft deleted