1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Us Jews are such a small community and it doesn’t take much to find connections. When my brother, sister and I saw this article, we assumed she was related to us because how many Silvers from Winnipeg could there be. We checked the Silver family tree. Her grandfather and our grandfather were brothers. (On a lighter and fascinating to me note, another relative from this part of the family, Smiley Smihoff, was with Bugsy Siegel when Bugsy was killed. Smiley’s testimony before the Special Senate Committee Investigating Organized Crime is pretty funny.)

Peace Activists Are Among the Israelis Missing and Killed

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Hezbollah is now getting involved. Fired an anti-tank missile from Lebanon.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

So supporting democratic elections and fighting corruption was just some way to needle Russia?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Aerial bombs and artillery shells are notoriously imprecise, even the GPS or laser guided versions are simply less imprecise. Some go where they are meant to, and some land within a varying radius of the target point.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Hezbollah's been in it from the first.

Israel and Hezbollah Exchange Fire Again

Israeli forces and Hezbollah traded fire for a third straight day on Tuesday, with Israeli artillery and a helicopter firing into Lebanon in response to rocket fire claimed by the Lebanese group. The incident showed that the risk of war on a second front is rising.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

We supported a coup that removed their democratically elected president. When we could have just waited 15 months until he was legitimately voted out of office. Which he would have been. We've interfered in other elections. More than six dozen. Our "supporting democratic elections" is utter fantasy. We support putting leaders into power who will do our bidding. If it happens to be by democratic means, cool. If not, then . . .

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He's got a bunch of shitheads in his feed calling this propaganda.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
  9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

You know what? It's not particularly off-base to ask for a source when someone is reporting about "beheading babies."

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is a great post. I was trying say almost the exact same thing last night during a discussion in the house after we listened to the news.

I was like, "This shouldn't be so hard/bad/violent, whatever. You don't like someone(s)? Or, you "don't recognize" someone(s)? Well, then, just stay away from them."

Spartan Squad likes this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I can arrange pictures in this thread.

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I really want to unsee this post.

Even knowing bad things are going on, some ignorance might be a good thing, I've decided (upon reading those tweets).

Spartan Squad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted