1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Sacre bleu!

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

An El Al flight from Warsaw to Tel Aviv had to make an emergency landing in Turkey because of a medical issue on board. After landing, the Turks wouldn't allow passengers off the plane or the plane to refuel. They eventually had to go to Greece to refuel.
    Turkey has not allowed direct flights between Turkey and Israel since the start of the Gaza war.

https://nypost.com/2024/06/30/world...cuate-refuel-after-emergency-landing-reports/

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

A French far-right politician is still slightly to the left of Kyrsten Sinema, so I ain't skeered. The French have always been wishy-washy NATO members anyway.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Exit polls predict Labour landslide in the U.K.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Good, despite high potential for wankerdom from Keir Starmer.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I'm not used to pulling for the red team....but in the UK, I suppose it'll do.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Labour is sweeping through like a big wheel through a cotton field.

11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Labor is going to win big in the UK tonight. The biggest problem Starmer faces is a stagnant economy. If he can get the economy growing then he has more money to prop up British social services.
    But Labor does not want to revisit Brexit so I have no idea what Labor plans to do to grow the economy.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Some appealing aspects of the parliamentary system:
    1. The Prime Minister always has experience in the national government prior to moving into No. 10. No chance of an amateur there
    2. By not voting directly on PM ever, voters merely vote for who their MP should be, thus cutting down on the cult of personality built around a singular national figure that plagues many countries
    3. The new PM takes over immediately (with the shadow cabinet becoming the real one) and that leaves no time for a violent attempt at overturning the results of the election

Last edited: Jul 5, 2024
Draft saved Draft deleted