1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If they're not safe in Tehran, well...

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That is as badass as it gets. Sure Seal Team 6 took out Bin Laden by swooping into Pakistan, but getting commandos INTO Iran, taking out a top Hamas target - so much respect for that crew of soldiers. They know they are toast if it isn't successful. And a nice FU to Iran as well.
    Its one thing to lob rockets from hundreds of miles away, when you realize a country can find you and kill you wherever - it might change your approach to things.

I just wish Israel could be this "surgical" when it comes to their operations in Gaza.

5. DanOregon

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They could. This op proves yet again that they can be precise when they choose to be.

They chose instead to simply flatten every home and business in Gaza, on the theory that someone with Hamas might have been/would be there at some point, so there would damn well be nowhere to return to.

The civilians it belonged to? Casualties of war. Tough shit. Shoulda lived somewhere else.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

8. Brooklyn Bridge

9. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Yes. You're sooooooo right. Because a targeted assassination of a single leader over a period of 10 months is EXACTLY the same thing as trying to knock out the capacity of thousands of armed militants in tunnels below cities.

outofplace likes this.
  10. Brooklyn Bridge

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Commandos? Pretty sure it was an airstrike.

12. DanOregon

Oh my bad, when I read assassination, figured it was close in. Still, figure there had to be some Israeli special forces involved on the ground to confirm location.

- Plus, it really bugs me that Hamas' "leaders" are hiding out far away while their people are facing such harsh realities in Gaza. Why there is still public for support for Hamas is beyond me.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2024
Draft saved Draft deleted