1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I feel terrible about this but this story reminds me of one of my favorite scenes in one of my favorite movies.

2. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

They don’t have the ability to erase Israel.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Iran most certainly does

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Remember who backs them and see TBF's post. Also, maybe they can't pull that off, but that desire can lead to horrors like Oct. 7 or even something worse.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Israel set up multiple shell companies years ago and sold pagers to legit customers to eventually be in position to supply Hezbollah with explosive versions of them. I would never, ever, want to piss off Mossad.

6. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

The FBI has done the same with phones to catch drug dealers. Created the shell company, manufactured-distributed the phones, tracking-tracing, arrests.

No boomies, though.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At least none that we know about.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This is horrible to say, but maybe a never-ending war footing isn't a bad thing for Israel-Hamas-Hezbollah. It seems to be good for their respective political leadership, and clearly the populations of each territory seem willing to go along with the status quo as long as they know if they are killed their deaths will be avenged with the blood of their enemies.
    I mean shoot - when Mossad goes that deep down the rabbit hole to target an enemy, they are emptying the playbook.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Both sides in this war are conducting it in the 21st century manner. Kill as many civilians as possible, and if the dead include some armed opponents, that's a bonus.

YMCA B-Baller likes this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Israel got one of the Black September terrorists with an exploding car in Beirut.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The thing is, if Mossad is as good at what they do as they appear to be, I'm surprised they just don't do an op to get an "internal war" going within Hezbollah and Hamas and have them start killing each other out of jealousy, suspicion or whatnot. It would be cleaner.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the guy who signed the deal to get the pagers isn't going to win Hezbollah's employee of the month.

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted