1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Why isn't Rafah open yet?

I realize it's a massive zit that will splooge on Egypt, but there is all manner of NGO's on the ground to catch it. Plus Gaza needs the aid stat.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Opinion | Netanyahu Led Us to Catastrophe. He Must Go.

Despite the devastating crisis, Mr. Netanyahu remains aloof and his government dysfunctional, even after bringing one opposition party to his coalition. It took the prime minister more than a week to meet with families of Israelis abducted to Gaza — and as much time for the government to begin the evacuation of the battle-ravaged town of Sderot.

A neighbor has left for reserve duty. My daughter texts me to say she is safe after yet another missile alert in Tel Aviv. Down the street, a family is sitting shiva for a soldier killed in the south. None of this had to happen. It was not a freak natural disaster. Mr. Netanyahu has failed and must be replaced, along with his policies — the quicker the better.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hollywood on Hollywood violence.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Presumably stalled by fears on all sides of who might get in and who might get out.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Biden says the hospital explosion was caused by a Hamas rocket. When asked how he knows that, he said "data from my defense department."

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Good enough for me, actually.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I certainly understand a healthy dose of skepticism toward the Israelis, too, but I just can't imagine giving Hamas the benefit of the doubt.

Batman likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Between our satellites and whatever AWACS presence we have in the region, I would think our real-time observations of things like this are pretty accurate.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Worth asking which side is winning the information war so far.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sometimes I wonder whether "winning the information war" is akin to "dominating time of possession" in a football game.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The scene of the "destroyed" hospital in daylight. More photos in the thread. Seems claims of the destruction and death total might have been a wee bit exaggerated.
    If you can't trust people who go door to door slaughtering families, who can you trust?

HanSenSE, Dyno and Azrael like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted