1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go that far. I think U.S. involvement in Ukraine is more likely to create a larger conflict with Russia, but it is different with us actually taking some military action in Syria rather than just offering aid.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Sure. But if Russia hasn’t gone to war with us over Ukraine, it’s not going to do it over Syria. Or Iran. IMO.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, good luck with that.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

"[P]eople and organizations linked to the group ...". Shit's fixin' to get real at financial aid offices across the country.

Azrael likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I really wonder if the "college problem" has more to do with colleges depending on international students to pay the bills?

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Beats me. I knew they were depending on "out-of-state" students. Don't know if they're courting "out-of-country" ones.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I wonder how many kids were disciplined for civil rights demonstrations on campus before 1965?

Or against the Vietnam war? Or against apartheid? Or against Nestle - or any of the other campus movements over the last 75 years?

It seems lots of folks have forgotten lately what avid - and sometimes wrongheaded - protesters college kids are.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
Draft saved Draft deleted