1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meet the Press (Senate debate series)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Aha.
    >plink!<
    I'm done.

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

As I acknowledged, in my first post:

Please do try and keep up.

And while you're at it -- if I can pull you away from the cross you're bearing, O Persecuted One -- please tell us why a journalist wanting to have dinner with a president is OK, but a journalist wanting to shake hands with a Senate candidate is not.

3. If you want to have dinner with a president -- any president -- that's no problem.

If you want to go out of your way to shake hands and cozy up with a Senate candidate -- and only one Senate candidate -- then that is a problem.

And I can't imagine anybody who calls themselves a journalist can think that's OK. But. like I said, if the guy has a "D" next to his name, all sins apparently are forgiven.

4. Presumably, you'd wish both coaches well, or shake both coaches' hands. In this case, you're only wishing one "coach" well.

With your kind of myopia, I certainly hope you never become a political reporter.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

So, simply because he's a reporter he's not allowed to have an opinion? He's not allowed to favor one candidate over the other?

Let's say he is a political reporter. Let's say he walks right by one candidate to shake the hand of the other. WHAT DAMN DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

The only responsibility a reporter has is to his readers. You've got to be fair and balanced in your reporting. That's it. In your personal life, you get to be just as partisan as everybody else, because on election day, you go into the booth and vote for one or the other. Can't vote for both.

Damn, do you even think about this stupid shit before banging it out?

6. You really are an idiot, aren't you? And here I thought you were just faking it.

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

8. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Again, I didn't know shaking hands with someone is a sin, especially if he is the only Senate candidate in the building at the time.

The only inference to your post that one can make: For me, being friendly with a politician is OK, but don't you even fucking think about it. And since it's beyond indisputable that the only reason you're getting so worked up about it is because the politician in question is a Democrat, there's really nothing more to talk about.

9. The thing I love about liberals is their condescending, so-sure-of-themselves tone. "It's beyond indisputable ..."

Bullshit.

10. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

And the thing I love about conservatives is their attempts at deflection that are so moronic and transparent -- Ooooh! There's some more big liberal words! -- after which they walk away thinking they tricked everyone.

Pitiful.

How heavy that cross must be for you. Can I get you some tweezers for the splinters?

Oh, and if there's anything more condescening that someone who insists that certain behavior is acceptable for him but wrong for others -- a charge that, amidst all your bluster, you haven't denied -- I can't think of it.

11. What in the hell are you talking about?

What behavior is acceptable for me but not for someone else?

Are you always this dense?

12. Used all my change on the subway.
    I'll get you tomorrow.

Draft saved Draft deleted