1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Militia seizes Federal building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Confederate fetishists? Aren't these guys from Nevada?

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Feds are in a no-win situation. If they drop the hammer, they're jackbooted thugs who are creating more martyrs. If they handle with kid gloves, they look weak and embolden more of these insurrections.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I'm all for the occasional mocking (ironic or not) of Baron, but there's no need to drag kids into this stuff.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Which has dick all nothing to do with a handful of goobers from Nevada stirring up shit in Oregon.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's going to get cold and dark in that souvenir stand pretty soon, and worst of all from the clowns' point of view, the will soon be yesterday's news. The time for the feds to crack down is when the losers start to slink away to plot their next stunt. Arrest 'em one by one with no bail obviously, then try 'em on seditious conspiracy charges, which carry a 20 year sentence.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would bring them some eColi tainted Chipotle and be done with this in a jiffy.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

They've already indicated they're willing to leave if the people of the county don't want them there, so I expect this will be over in a day or two.

Bundy: We'll Leave Occupied Buildings If Community Wants Us To

If they leave quietly, I'd just give them each some kind of summons for trespassing on government property. They've been the laughingstock of the country for a few days. The embarrassment seems punishment enough.

10. Mr. Sunshine

TERRORISTS!!!!!!

11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

So the board do-gooders don't want immediate action?

12. Mr. Sunshine

I still think Inky wants the TERRORISTS taken out.

Draft saved Draft deleted