1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Militia seizes Federal building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Stoney likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Is the Globe sniffing around here?

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There's some room between "carry on" and guns blazing. These doofuses haven't earned the chance to live out their fantasy of being freedom fighters trading bullets with federal officers. They aren't important enough, nor should we make them appear so.

cranberry likes this.
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They are burglars, police go in and arrest burglars. It's Federal property so the Federal Police have jurisdiction. The burglars are armed and refuse to leave. Surround the building and wait them out. Except they have surrounded themselves with human shields, including, allegedly, children. see Hammas Playbook at page 2. See also Taliban playbook at page 1.
    And the fact that a couple of hundred or thousand people with Internet access support them, vociferously, makes the pussy media think there are 2 sides and allows the criminals, now terrorists, to air the grievances.

Time to invoke the Powell Doctrine and bring in an overwhelming force to re-take and subdue the insurrection.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is mostly about the Bundys missing all the attention they received last year.

6. heyabbott

They received exceptional treatment last year, which emboldened these clowns. Put them down hard and fast. Make an example of them. Make the cost of terrorism great.

The one thing Bush did, completely accidentaly, was irrationally over react to 9-11. Invading Afganistan was a cost Al Queda expected. Gizmo, off-site renditions, Iraq, drones flying around North Africa and the Arabian peninsula was unexpected. Going Mosad on OBL was unexpected. They miscalculated our ability to inflict violence.

Now, world wide, we must not inflict asymmetrical violence, but we need to be cruel. Chinese and Russian level cruelty

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

We need to be cruel to a bunch of uneducated dumb-ass cowboys?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Since Hammond, or a mod, deleted his post on my kids, I'll just use this one in response.

Let's see, who should I take more seriously? My kids who hug me and tell me that they love me, or an anonymous chickenshit poster on a message board who runs away when challenged on his assertions?

When you have to drag one's kids into an unrelated discussion, you know that you've already lost the argument. Not only that, but by bringing children into a discussion, it shows that you are the worst poster around here. Which is something that I think the board's liberals and conservatives agree with each other on wholeheartedly.

old_tony likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Disagrees:

[​IMG]

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Most burglars aren't pointing an arsenal back at the police. If they were, the cops would be more cautious about how they went in and arrested them. The weaponry here makes it a bit more complex than just "go in and arrest burglars."

And, as others noted, the other issue is THIS time could we not give them what they want? Because, thanks to Sean Hannity and right wing radio trying to drum up ratings from redneck nation by painting these assholes as liberty-lovin patriots, that's exactly what they got the last time, and most likely why they're pulling this shit again. A last stand firefight with Obama's federal agents is the nightly wet dream for some of these idiots.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Look at how well that all worked out for us.

12. heyabbott

We were violent to uneducated dumb ass shepards

Draft saved Draft deleted