1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Militia seizes Federal building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Second Amendment Solutions are available. Hopefully somebody will make use of them soon.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I remember reading something about the planning for the Montgomery Bus Boycott in which one of the organizers said that if the boycotters could make it through the winter, then they would have a much easier time.when the weather warmed up.

The Feds might want to start shutting things off, because if Bundy and his group makes it through the winter, they may have a helluva time making things uncomfortable when the weather warms up.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don't understand why the local PD didn't arrest the trio of whackadoos there at the meeting. I'm guessing they aren't so bold and brazen without their armed compatriots.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Why the fuck is Ammon Bundy even being allowed to attend community meetings without being arrested on the spot?

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I'm just dumbfounded by the ultra-lenient treatment these guys continue to receive. They fucking used firearms to steal and occupy a federal building by force, AND it's the SECOND time this group has done this sort of thing in the last couple years, yet apparently we're still allowing them to enjoy all their stolen utitlities and mail access, to run back and forth errands to the supermarket and meetings, and after nearly a month of this STILL have really done nothing whatsoever directed toward forcing them out and arresting them. At least that's how I'm reading these stories, is it not correct?

I'm not normally the sort into bashing the Obama administration, but I must say the Obama administration has dealt with the Bundy clan (both here and in the prior Nevada thing) like total pussies.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    dixiehack likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

From what I read from some message board comments, so take it for what it's worth, they were armed and the meeting had a lot of people there. Police probably wanted to avoid violence with so many people there.

Now, why the hell they haven't blockaded the building, and starved them out, I have no idea.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, this is some of the dumbest goddamned reasoning I've heard in a while. Hey, as long as criminals bring guns wherever they go, authorities should leave them alone and let them return to their stolen home in peace.

What a crock of shit. They're wanted criminals, so arrest them. If they pull a gun during the process, then shoot them. For cripes sake, our cops sure don't seem to have many qualms about shooting an unarmed black teenager on mere suspicion, but now we're suddenly terrified to get tough with the armed rednecks we know for certain have repeatedly used deadly weaponry to seize federal property?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
    Songbird likes this.
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Hell, wait for the meeting to end, and let them run over spike strips out in the boonies well away from both the meeting and the occupied building. Then ambush them after they fire the first shot.

What this country needs is AR-15-armed anti-militia militias.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

#MilitiaLivesMatter

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'm with you guys.

It's just shocking when Obama doesn't project strength.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Just wait till he draws a red line. Those guys are really in for it then.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Maybe he's afraid of giving them PTSD and causing them to beat their girlfriends while waving an AR during a drunken rage.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted