1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Militia seizes Federal building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Terrible that it came to this. Given the glacial pace of how the authorities were handling this, I thought it would end peacefully. The guy had 11 children. Sad to see what's happened to that family over this childish game Bundy and his crew decided to play.

SnarkShark likes this.
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This will not be the last bloodshed.

There is no chance this ends well. None.

And, by "this," I mean the whole Bundy shtick.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Not "children", adults now. He acknowledges in the vid that they're all now grown. So sorry if I'm not gonna weep for the adult offspring left behind, not when this guy was so blatantly inviting this fate.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  4. bigpern23

Adults or not, we're talking about 11 (adult) children and 19 grandchildren who just lost their patriarch. It's sad, regardless of who is at fault.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It is quite arguable they are much better off.

6. bigpern23

Be my guest and make the argument.

7. Dick Whitman

Well, considering his proclivities, I'm not convinced that he was a positive influence in their lives. I don't know enough about the dynamics of the family - maybe he was a loving, involved father and grandfather who made up for the potential destructiveness with his kind ways and helpful hand. But, like I said, it's at least arguable that the family will be better off without him around as an albatross.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'll put you down as a maybe.

SnarkShark likes this.
  9. bigpern23

Not much of an argument, dude.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

What makes you think his family was anything other than 100 percent supportive of his "defense of freedom?"

11. Dick Whitman

Of course, it is. I said it's arguable that they are better off. And it is. Arguable, that is.

12. Dick Whitman

I think it is possible and even probable that they were. Which is why they may be better off with him out of the picture, leading the cheers.

Draft saved Draft deleted