1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

When the Pirates made the playoffs two consecutive seasons and continued to put the payroll first, I said they were wasting their window of opportunity. They made it a third time, yet failed to make it past the wild card game. They then finished with losing records the following two seasons. So they spent the last three seasons proving me right.

Now I'm saying an entire offseason focused on cutting payroll will hurt the Pirates' chances in 2018. The fast start makes their offseason look even worse. How can cutting payroll be the right move if they are contenders? Not that I'm fully sold on them contending all season. I'm not, and one reason is a questionable starting pitching staff that could certainly use Cole.

But hey, if they win the World Series this year, I'll be happy to concede the point. :)

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Reds sure weren't ready for the start of the season. Or any part of it. What a disgrace for a once proud franchise.

The Reds have nothing going for them, not even their past. Any World Series wins are a distant memory. Bring up stories about their past and everything gets directed toward Pete Rose. Pretty much anyone from the Big Red Machine is in their 70s so a lot of future stories about the Reds will be obituaries. Their current rebuild looks like it needs rebuilt.

I lived and died with the Reds when I was a kid. If I was still doing that I would have died years ago.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?"

4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

NO LONGER A COWARD!!!! CONGRATS!!!

JC likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It's way too early.

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's a brand new me!

JC and Fly like this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pudding? Meat? Is that from a smart book I haven't read?

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You really don't recognize the reference?

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

We don't need no ...

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Meh, it's only Pink Floyd. #ThanksGoogle

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He quietly started doing that on the politics thread as soon as he returned. He challenged one of my points by asking for a link, then ditched the discussion when I provided said link.

So the knew YF isn't much different from the old YF, just with a little less cowardice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.