1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Sorry. Doubleheader sweep, day/night.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not so much. One game Friday.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I see that's right. I also know MASN said something different yesterday. Palmer must be going senile.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

It must be karma
    Riley Greene is in the starting lineup and all of a sudden …
    Robbie Grossman’s first homer of the season
    Two run homer by Javy Baez
    Greene’s first major league hit
    Four runs in two innings after two in 39
    Now a three-run homer by Eric Haase and it’s 9-1 after four
    14-7 final

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
    maumann likes this.
  5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Lorenzo Cain likely bids adieu to the game.

Glad he got a ring with the Royals… glad he finally got a Gold Glove with the Brewers.

FileNotFound and maumann like this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ugly day for injuries to star players. The supposed contusion that kept Mookie Betts out of the Dodgers' lineup the last two days turned out to be a cracked rib, so he is going on the IL. Yordan Alvarez left Saturday's game with an unspecified injury. Dusty Baker wouldn't even say what part of the body was injured, just that he was being evaluated. I read somewhere that he may have hurt his hand on a swing, which is usually trouble.

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I should know this, but I don't...he was DFAd today, which would have been the start of his 10th year of service time and thus guarantees him a pension for the rest of his life. Does the day count b/c he was on the team as of 12:01 AM, or did he have to be on the roster for the game? Because it'd be super cool if they waited until today b/c simply making it to June 18 got him to the pension, and super SUPER shitty if they cut him one day (or just hours) shy of getting to the pension.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Everything I’ve read today… and the comments from all parties involved… seemed to imply the Brewers held out releasing him until he qualified for the pension.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

He's good. I remember the Giants did the same thing with Pat Burrell years ago.

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Thanks. The Brewers don't strike me as the type of team to do that (cough, Pirates, cough cough) but it was hard to tell from the wording of the stories I read.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, the Pirates would definitely do that. They would insist that those extra few hours were a necessary component of the next five-year rebuilding plan.

It is pathetic to watch and hear Pirates fans defend Bob Nutting. This is another example of the quote,"It is easier to fool someone to convince them that they have been fooled."

Draft saved Draft deleted