1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wild Thing demands to go in as a Guardian.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Shit. Forgot about him.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Shitty defender. Sent the catcher way wide on the final play. Gotta go Lou Collins.

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Prof. Vernon K. Simpson from "It Happens Every Spring" wants to know why he's been traded to the Browns again. And Joe Hardy from "Damn Yankees" was a pretty good player for the Senators until he met Lola.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  5. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Stud Cantrell is the manager. We know Weeks can't hit the longball, but he does have a great glove at second. Brown should definitely be the catcher.

I am ashamed that someone beat me to the reference. Anybody in my fantasy league here knows I love that movie.

ChrisLong likes this.
  7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

THANK you. I couldn't believe you all snubbed him. Voodoo dolls are real, you know.

We keep this up, people, and we'll wake up tomorrow with Jason Whitlock as the moderator of this board.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Just can't trust those ex-Cards.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Another vote for Stud Cantrell, with Dixie Lee Boxx (Virginia Madsen) as the team "mascot." Seriously, I can't watch "CSI Las Vegas" without thinking about the great movie "Long Gone."

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Long Gone" is now 30+ years old, and I believe, hasn't been officially shown by HBO for 15 years or more. If HBO feels the original picture is unfit to be shown for some reason, why not remake it (maybe as a limited series)?

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is on YouTube, but I do not understand why it is not on HBO Max.

Draft saved Draft deleted