1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2022: The Long and Winding Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It’s like 80 percent yankee fans there

bigpern23 likes this.
  2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

upload_2022-8-30_5-56-17.gif

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Hope nobody missed the other day that Tesla bought 25,000 tickets for the last Yankees-Oakland game, for "attendance" of 31,000.

The crowd was electric!

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know there are people far more knowledgable about baseball than I, so I ask - do the A's actually have any good young talent with big-time potential - or are they all mostly cheap second-tier "prospects."

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

It's not weird. It's the point.
    As teams understand the value of a stolen base versus an out, they run less because they know that they have to be successful at like an 80% rate .

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is the point you are making that teams have a better idea about their chances of a successful steal in a situation with analytics - and that there are fewer attempts because of that - or that the decline of the basic base hit which would take advantage of a stolen base is making attempts more rare? Or both? Always wondered about the correlation not causation of analytics. Analytics dictate behavoir which doesn't so much "support" the analytics, but merely replicates it.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Sixth sellout this season at the Big A. Seven and eight will be tonight and tomorrow.
    Ball was flying last night. Judge's homer went over the TV cameras set in the middle of the rock pile. Shohei's left hand came off the bat before he hit the ball so he one-handed it into the right-field seats. No cheapies last night.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Don’t need nothin’
    But a good time
    How can I resist?

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And this time, I can say “GET A ROOM!”

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

“We Will Rock You” in the background is a nice touch.

PaperClip529 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted