1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024 at 7:49 AM.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’m in for a Royals-Padres WS.

Liut likes this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Sorry, @Cosmo. Hate it for you and all Baltimore fans. Picked the worst time to struggle offensively.

Liut and qtlaw like this.
  3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Royals bullpen: 7.2 IP-2 H-o R-3 BB-8 Ks. Go cut off another toe, @Chef2!!! :D

Big Circus and Liut like this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One last observation: When a team scores one run in two games, it's not the manager's fault. Also, I know none of you O's fans are old enough to remember this, but when the Orioles swept the Dodgers in the 1966 Series, and held LA scoreless for the last 33 innings, Walter Alston did not get fired.

misterbc, tapintoamerica and Liut like this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Sorry Cosmo, with Burnes, Gunnar and Audley along with Holliday, I was excited for the O's and their young talent. However, from afar it looked like the team really struggled in the 2nd half.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

All I can say is, things looked pretty shaky in Baltimore for quite a while, like maybe back to a few games before the All-Star break.

What's left is to see if the new ownership group is willing to pay for quality, or if they're going to continue trying to cobble together spare parts (Jimenez, Rivera, Slater, Rogers).

However way you cut it, neither Mayo nor Holliday were ready. And Kjerstad, who might wind up more dangerous than either, was lost in the pennant stretch.

But when the whole team (with a few exceptions) loses its clue at the plate, the problems are bigger than that. The vibe was bad well before the past two days.

I'm jumping on the Detroit bandwagon the rest of the way. And I'd still like to see them take on the Phils.

Liut and Cosmo like this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, not anti Detroit at all. That team is fun.

maumann likes this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You've not watched the last three months of the season closely as some of us have. Not saying that is a bad thing, and you're a Phillies fan, so why would you? This is a manifestation of awful baseball since the middle of June, and yes, at some point, the manager needs to be held accountable for his team completely forgetting how to hit the baseball.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

To be fair, today I watched the Orioles game in toto, and man there were some comically bad swings out there. Why did anyone in the regular season throw anything but breaking stuff to those guys?

tapintoamerica and Cosmo like this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Well I guess I jinxed it asking for 4 Gm 3s

Liut and maumann like this.
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Some of the locals here, who are huge Adley fans obviously, think his new girlfriend is his Yoko Ono and the cause of his 2nd-half slump. Unlike Yoko, his new GF is a very sold 6.

The daughter of a long-time friend named her child Adley.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2024 at 9:25 PM
  12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Might not even get one for a second straight year!

Draft saved Draft deleted